- Breathe. Deep breathing. - This helps you to be more aware of yourself and even your surroundings. With this kind of focus, you are sure to have a successful study session. Check out the different ways you can practice your breathing during finals.
- Ditch the caffeine! – Yes, you read that correctly. Even though many of us depend on coffee for that extra boost of energy, it can actually increase your heart rate and make you become really anxious. Instead of turning to coffee or Red Bull for help, try drinking Chamomile, Peppermint or Lemon Balm tea. They not only relieve stress but can also help you to keep calm.
- Have time for fun- While studying it is good practice to do something fun for at least 15 minutes. So if that means, watching funny YouTube videos or dancing around to your favorite song or even talking to a friend about your summer plans, do it. Your brain will thank you later.
- Stay positive - It is easy to feel discouraged and anxious while studying. If you find yourself having negative thoughts about your finals, try to focus on the things in life that make you happy.
- Sleep – Pulling an all-nighter for your exam the following day may not always the best thing to do. It has been said many times before, but it will always be important -- getting a good night’s sleep is necessary in order to be successful on your exams. Your body is rested and your mind is focused.
Most of all stay calm .While taking your finals, one of the most important things to do is to stay calm and try not to worry. Remember to breathe, focus and relax and let your mind take care of the rest.