- Locate your in-network medical provider under the FirstHealth and Multiplan networks. Information and guide on how to search for a medical provider can be found here: https://www.isoa.org/doctor_hospital_list
- Contact the medical provider and mention that your insurance works with each of these PPO networks.
- Give the medical provider your insurance details such as your Insurance ID, Policy Number and Group Number (on the front of your insurance card) and the contact information for the benefits and claims department, HealthSmart which is located on the back of your insurance card.
- HealthSmart is available Monday – Friday 8:00AM to 5:00 PM EST at 800.203.4720
- Set your appointment and ensure that you bring a copy of your insurance card when you visit the doctor.
If you go to a medical provider who is unfamiliar with the insurance plan, here are some tips that you need to know:
- Refer them to HealthSmart. They can assist with any plan benefits and claims questions
- They can also contact ISO customer service at 800.244.1180. We can assist with general questions about your plan such as confirming your coverage dates and basic plan details.
If you or your medical provider needs to get claims information, they can reach out to HealthSmart for assistance. Processed claims can also be checked online here: http://www.healthsmart.com/iso.aspx
For pharmacy use… (BIN# & Group #)
3. There are 3 main things that you need to remember:
- When you go to the pharmacist they usually use this information to look up any applicable discounts for your bill.
- Once those discounts are applied, you still have to pay for the difference out of pocket
- Ensure that you save a copy of your receipt and the bill for when you submit your claim. Reimbursements are done according to your plan’s benefits limit.