For every insurance company, each has a different way of providing pharmacy benefits for its customers. At ISO, we strive to make the process as easy as possible.
- When you are going to the pharmacy, ensure that you bring your insurance card so that the pharmacist can locate your information.
- On the back of your insurance card (PDF or hard copy), there is some useful information that the pharmacist needs in order to see if you can get any discounts on your prescription bill. They are the BIN# and the Group#.
- Once this information is applied, if there is any outstanding amount you will pay for the difference to the pharmacist. Ensure that you save a copy of the bill and receipt so that you can be reimbursed.
- In order for the insurance company to reimburse you for the amount it should cover for prescriptions, you will need to submit claims to HealthSmart (benefits and claims department)
- The claims procedure can be viewed here: https://www.isoa.org/claim_procedure Links for the claims form and the address and email address where you can submit all of your claims document can be found through the above mentioned link.