I’m sick, tôi ốm, मै बीमार हूँ, 我生病了, Estoy emfermo --- Nobody likes hearing these words no matter how you say it. The winter’s changing weather affects our bodies and sometimes we find ourselves sick or just not feeling 100% well. In order to cope with the changing weather and to protect yourself, here are five things that you should keep in mind.
1. Vitamins: It is always important to take your vitamins daily. They give your body the extra protection and strength that is lacking in food and drinks.
2. Water: Stay hydrated. Even though the temperatures are cooler and not sweating as much, your body still needs to be hydrated to prevent exhaustion, muscle tiredness and help protect your body from the flu or common cold.
3. Wash your hands often: One of the easiest ways to spread harmful bacteria and viruses is by your hands. By washing your hands often, you lessen the chances of getting sick. If you don’t have immediate access to water and soap, you can also use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
4. Stay warm: One of the quickest ways of getting sick is under dressing in cold weather. It is always good to have your head, feet, throat and chest covered to lower the chances of getting sick.
5. Sleep: Getting enough sleep while attending college is almost close to impossible. However, during this winter season, it is something that you should strive for. By getting enough sleep, or even resting often, your body is able to strengthen itself against infections.